Fact Sheets & FAQs
Important information from conservation to online services. Feel free to share this information with others—attach it or print it!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for online account management?
- When will my new User Name and password be activated?
- How do I enroll additional accounts?
- How do I sign up for e-mailed bills?
- When can I start making payments?
- Will I continue to receive a paper bill in the mail?
- How do I cancel my online account enrollment?
- What types of online payment are accepted?
- Is there an additional fee to pay my water bill with a credit or debit card?
- How do I make a payment?
- When is my payment credited to my account?
- How can I confirm if my payment has been processed?
- Can I establish regularly scheduled (automatic) payments?
- Can I cancel a scheduled payment?
- What happens to scheduled payments if I delete the payment account that was used to set up the payment?
- What happens to scheduled payments if I delete that account from my enrollment?
- What happens to scheduled payments if I cancel my enrollment?
- My payment is due today and it is after business hours. How can I pay my bill?
- I cannot make a payment by the due date. Can I get a payment extension?
- Do you offer budget billing?
- When will my payment be processed by my bank or Credit Card Company?
- How do I know which payments I've scheduled or completed?
- Can I pay my balance in full or extend the payment due date?
- How often do I get a Waterworks bill?
- Where can I pay my water bill?
- I’d like to go paperless. Is there a way to stop getting a paper bill and get a bill emailed to me?
- How can I contact Waterworks via the Web or email?
- Can I pay my HRSD (Hampton Roads Sanitation District) bill from the Waterworks payment system?
- Where can I get a back flow report?
- Who can give our business permission to use water from a fire hydrant?
- I need to fill my swimming pool/hot tub. Can I get a discount on my water?
- How can I find out if my water tap fee has been paid?
- My water bill is UNUSUALLY high. Is there anything I can do about it?
- Who do I contact to have water connected or questions about my water bill?
- If I’ve sold a house, when the buyer turns on the water does that automatically end the seller’s account or does the seller still need to contact Waterworks Customer Service?
- Is Waterworks the same as HRSD?
- Who in the city can help me with low water pressure?
- Can you recommend a plumber?
- Who do I call for a minor outdoor water emergency, like a leaking water meter?
- Are there fire hydrant problems that are causing me to lose water pressure?
- What is the Waterworks emergency number to report a water main break?
- Who is responsible for maintaining fire hydrants?
- I own tropical fish. Do I need to do anything to the water before I put it in the fish tank?
- Can I use hot tap water to make baby formula?
- Is there fluoride in my drinking water?
- How “hard” is our tap water?
- Why does the tap water sometimes look “cloudy”?
- How can I find out more about our drinking water quality?
- How often is our water tested?
- Can I get my water tested?
- Who would I call regarding cloudy or discolored water?