Newport News Grow Your eBusiness Grant
The City of Newport News and the Economic Development Authority of the City of Newport News, Virginia (the “EDA”) have established the Newport News COVID-19 Grow Your eBusiness Grant Program to help businesses impacted by COVID-19 with website and e-commerce initiatives.
This grant is one-time financial assistance given to eligible for-profit small businesses, excluding franchises and national chains, in amounts not to exceed $2,500. There is a limited amount of funds for this program. The grants will be committed and funded on a first-come, first-served basis based upon availability of funds, program guidelines and submission of a complete application and supporting documentation.
To be considered for the grant, a business must meet all of the following requirements:
- For-profit business impacted by COVID-19
- Must be located in Newport News, Virginia
- Must have been established and operational prior to January 1, 2020 and have a current Newport News business license
- Must be in good standing with local taxes and licenses
- Had 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees as of March 1, 2020
- Had $5 million or less in annual gross receipts during calendar year 2019
- Projects must be legal and commercially viable, with no adult-only material
Refer to the program guidelines to obtain details about the use of funds and required documentation.
How to Apply
You will need the following information and documentation available in electronic form to upload when completing the application:
- List of full-time equivalent positions as of March 1, 2020 and as of date of application
- Financial statement for 2019
- Documentation of at least one (1) estimate from an e-Commerce Service Provider defining scope of work; two (2) estimates are recommended (Please have your Provider complete this form and submit it with your application.)
- Valid government issued identification (i.e. Passport, Drivers’ License etc.)
- W-9 (REV – October 2018)
Applications may be submitted, using the online application portal, beginning at 9:00 AM on Monday, July 20, 2020 through 5:00 PM Monday, August 31, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the guidelines, application process or need assistance completing the application, contact Jared Midkiff with the Department of Development at (757) 597-2840 ext. 410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.