NNPDOnline - Citizen Reporting System
Have you been the victim of a minor offense, need to file a report, and don't have time to wait for an officer?
We have a solution: NNPDOnline.
If this is an emergency please call 911
Welcome to the Newport News Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System, NNPDOnline. This service should be used to report non-emergencies and non-violent crimes with no suspect information or leads, occurring within the boundaries of the City of Newport News. This information will be recorded with the Newport News Police Department, but please be aware that you may be contacted by an investigator for follow up information.
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Newport News City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- This did not occur on an Interstate Highway?
- You the reporting person is 18 or older? (If the reporting person is under age 18, a parent or legal guardian must submit the report.)
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the unapproved police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Newport News Police Department's Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime. (18.2-461)
Using the Newport News Police Department Online Crime Reporting System you can report a variety of incidents including but not limited to the following:
- Property Damage
- Stolen Property (no firearms or vehicles)
- Thefts and Shoplifting
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Newport News Police Department, 757-928-4100, to file your report.