Interested in LDA but still have questions???? Check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions.
1. How long do you have to be employed in order to apply for LDA?
There is no minimum amount of "employed" time in order to apply for LDA. The most competitive applicants will have some demonstrated leadership experience as well as participation in other training activities.
2. Any employee can apply not just supervisors/managers?
We encourage employees of all levels to participate in the program. Leadership exists among all levels.
3. When does LDA I start? LDA II start?
Both programs for FY20 start in early September and conclude in June 2020.
4. How long are the courses/classes? 2 hrs.? half-day? two-days a week?
Generally classes are 4 hours and alternate between the morning and afternoon. The schedule varies, some months there is only 1 class, others there are 2.
5. How often do participants meet? weekly, monthly? 2-days a week?
Generally classes are held between 1-2 times a month. Participation in LDA II requires completion of a large scale group project. The amount of time needed for the project can vary based on the scope and complexity of the project as well as the employee's role on the project.
6. If something comes up and I have to miss a course/class, how many may I miss before becoming ineligible to participate?
LDA I participants are allowed to miss three (3) classes, LDA II participants are allowed to miss two (2).
7. What time, outside of course/class work time, should be committed in order to be successful?
LDA I participants will be required to read a book outside of class time and take online quizzes.
8. Are any extra-curricular activities required/necessary? (besides LDA II 6-month practicum)