4th of July Stars in the Sky
The Right On Band is a internationally known “Ten-Piece Show Band” with a full horn section. They have performed all over the world including Italy, Ethiopia, Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, and the Bahamas. They have had the honor of performing for each of the last three United States Presidents, and also entertained the US Congress inside the White House, as well as other celebrities, dignitaries and heads of state around the world. The Right On Band is known for their outlandish ’70s costumes. Specializing in Motown, Disco, and ‘70s Funk, the band has been “keeping the ‘70s alive for more than 18 years.”
Admission and parking are free. Directions: Take I-64 to I-664S, take Exit 6 to 26th St., turn left onto Huntington Ave., and turn right onto 23rd St. Free parking is available at the Newport News City Hall parking lot and designated non-restricted public parking spaces in the Downtown area. No pets, bicycles, alcohol, skateboards, or radios are permitted inside the event area. For more information, call 926-1400.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
From I-64 East & West
- Take the I-664 Exit
- Take Exit 6 to 26th Street
- Turn left onto Huntington Ave.
- Turn right onto 23rd St.
- Victory Landing Park is at the end of 23rd St. along the James River
Free parking at the Newport News City Hall parking lot and non-restricted lots in the Downtown area. Handicapped parking is located in the lot at 23rd Street & West Avenue and designated spaces throughout the Downtown area.
If weather conditions (rain, wind) impact the event, updates will be available at:
- After hours phone recording 757-926-1400
- No alcohol allowed in event area; coolers/picnic baskets are permitted
- Bring blankets or lawn chairs for seating
- Food and soft drinks available for purchase
- No pets permitted in the event area
- No bicycles, skateboards or radios permitted in the event area
- For more information, call Newport News Parks, Recreation & Tourism at 926-1400 or visit www.nnparks.com.
7:00 p.m. Event opens
7:00 – 9:30 p.m. Right On Band performs
9:30 p.m. Fireworks
10:00 p.m. Event closes