Contains basic information and a link to the Peninsula Health District of the Virginia Department of Health.
Peninsula Health District, a part of Virginia Department of Health, is the Health Department for the City of Newport News and for the cities of Williamsburg and Poquoson and for James City and York Counties. Our mission is to protect, promote and preserve the health of the people who live, work and play on the Peninsula.
- Communicable Disease Prevention and Control
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Food Facility Licensing and Inspections
- Child Development Clinic
- Vital Records
- Family Planning Clinic, STD Clinic, and Immunization Clinic
- Health Education
- Rabies Prevention
- WIC Special Supplemental Food Program
- Planning, Preparedness and Response for Public Health Emergencies
For more information, visit the Peninsula Health District web site at: www.vdh.state.va.us/LHD/peninsula/