Newport News Municipal Employees Credit Union (NNMECU)
NNMECU is a nonprofit, cooperative savings and lending organization. It is owned and controlled by it's members. The Credit Union was granted a state charter on September 21, 1950. Our primary goal is providing high quality, professional service to our members. Where service, thrift, and financial stability are proven benefits and where people helping people is more than a slogan; it's our way of doing business.
For more information, visit the Newport News Municipal Employees Credit Union web site at www.nnmecu.org
Who May Join?
- Employees of the City of Newport News
- Employees of persons, firms and corporations under contract to the City of Newport News
- Constitutional officers of the City of Newport News and their employees
- Members and employees of boards, commissions, committees and agencies of the City of Newport News
- North Shore employees of the Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Employees of the Newport News Municipal Employees Credit Union
- Persons retired from the above employment as pensioners and/or annuitants
- Members of the families related by blood, marriage, or adoption of the above groups
- The corporation of Newport News and its subsidiaries