Payroll Main Page
The Payroll Division is primarily responsible for the following:
- Overseeing and coordinating all aspects of payroll services to the City of Newport News employees and retirees;
- Maintains accurate information necessary to administer payroll payments to all City employees and Retirees;
- Ensuring that all City and Retired employees receive accurate and timely paychecks net of the appropriate payroll deductions;
- Posts, maintains, and processes payments for tax liens, garnishments, and child support;
- Printing and distributing all City paychecks as well as direct deposits statements; and
- Properly reporting and printing all City employee W-2 statements and City retiree 1099-R statements.
|Joannie Young||(757) email@example.com|
|Melanie Lowe||(757) firstname.lastname@example.org|
The City of Newport News has two payment cycles that consist of a weekly and a semi-monthly payroll. Weekly employees are paid every Friday and semi-monthly employees are paid on the 15th and the last day of the month. If a pay period falls on the weekend, you will be paid the Friday prior.
A list of Deduction Codes that appear on paystubs and their descriptions is now available.
|Garnishment and Lien||$10.00|
|Child Support Order||$5.00 per month|
|W-2 Request||$5.00 current and prior year|
W2 and 1099 Request Form — Reprints are processed on Tuesdays and Fridays