City Center at Oyster Point
City Center at Oyster Point, located within the Peninsula's Central Business District
At the heart of the Peninsula’s premier business community, Oyster Point Business Park, you’ll find City Center, a high density mixed use development that is changing long-held perceptions about Newport News. City Center has been developed by partnering with private investors and developers to create a new urban “sense of place,” where people want to live, work and have a good time. On any given day within its 52-acres, folks at City Center are doing the things that make a vibrant urban center alive with activity:
- Enjoying stylish living;
- Staying the night in luxury at the Marriott Hotel;
- Attending seminars and conferencing in the Marriott Conference Center;
- Shopping in high-end retail or taking in a variety of fare;
- Enjoying entertainment courtesy of the joint efforts of the Virginia Arts Festival, the City’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism and the Department of Development;
- Conducting business in nearly a half million square feet of office space and reaping the benefits of operating in a Virginia Enterprise Zone;
- Taking leisure time in the park setting that surrounds the 3-acre fountain lake.
Information provided courtesy of Harvey Lindsay Commercial Real Estate and Newport News Town Center, LLC
City Center continues to grow. Plans are unfolding for more commercial development on remaining acreage. Please visit this site often, as well as the links provided below, for more information as it becomes available. If you would like more information on this or any other project of the Department of Development or the City's Economic/Industrial Development Authority, please use this form.
City Center at Oyster Point Overview (provided by Harvey Lindsay Commercial Real Estate and Newport News Town Center, LLC):
City Center's Architecture/Land Planning: