Ask a Question or Request a Service with 311
The City of Newport News is proud to offer a 311 Contact Center to our residents. Through this service, residents can request a city service online or by phone and can ask questions about city related issues. Listed below are the requests you can submit online. If you don’t see the service you need, call us at (757) 933-2311.
The following city services are currently available online…
- Appliance Pick Up Appointment
- Damaged Garbage Container
- Debris in Ditch
- Mosquito Spraying
- Street or Right of Way Complaint
- Street Repair
- Streetlight Repair
- Traffic Sign Repair
- Miscellaneous Request, Inquiry, Complaint, or General Comment
You can request the following city services by calling our center at (757) 933-2311.
- Missed garbage or recycling container or missed bulk pickup
- Storm Drain Repair
- Sewer Stoppage
- Sewer Overflow
- Tall Grass Complaint
- Litter Complaint
- Garbage Container Exchange
- Street Sweeping
311 Contact Center(757) 933-2311 | firstname.lastname@example.org
311 call takers are currently available Monday thru Friday, 7:30am to 5:30pm.
If you have a general question, you can also send us an e-mail.